After winter, your lawn may be in need of some attention to bring it back to its lush green state. Here are some steps you can take to care for your lawn after winter with https://sbevolutionlandscape.com:
What to do with your lawn after winter
- Rake up debris: Rake up any fallen leaves, sticks, and other debris that has accumulated on your lawn over the winter. This will help to promote healthy growth and prevent disease.
- Aerate: Aerating your lawn can help to improve soil drainage and encourage healthy root growth. This can be done with a machine or by using a garden fork to poke holes in the soil.
- Reseed: If your lawn has bare patches, consider overseeding to encourage new growth. Choose a grass seed that is appropriate for your climate and soil type.
- Fertilize: Apply a slow-release fertilizer to your lawn to provide it with the nutrients it needs to grow strong and healthy. Be sure to follow the instructions on the fertilizer packaging to avoid over-fertilizing.
- Water: Water your lawn deeply and infrequently to encourage deep root growth. Aim to water your lawn early in the morning or in the evening to avoid evaporation during the heat of the day.
- Mow: As your lawn starts to grow, begin mowing it regularly. Be sure to adjust the mower blades to the appropriate height for your grass type to prevent damaging the roots.
By following these steps, you can help your lawn recover after winter and encourage healthy growth throughout the growing season.